Steamed Sweet Potato Cakes. Steam sweet potato until they are fork tender and can be easily mashed. Mash until smooth while it's still warm. Prepare your steamer by bringing a Remove from the steamer and let the cake cool down completely before slicing.
The Best Sweet Potatoes are Steamed, and I Don't Want to Hear About It. This steamed sweet potato recipe gets even better when topped with tahini butter and a generous shake of sesame seeds. These vegan potato cakes (which look similar to "arepas") are stuffed with mushrooms, veggies, and vegan cheese. You can Have Steamed Sweet Potato Cakes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Sweet Potato Cakes
- What You needis 1 of Sweet Potato *about 500g.
- Lets Go Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 1/4 of Caster Sugar *add more if you like sweeter flavour.
- Lets Go Prepare 1 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- It's of Water OR Milk.
- It's of *Note: You may wish to add some spices or/and dried fruit.
This amazing comfort meal is perfect for lunch or dinner. The recipe is vegan (dairy-free), gluten-free, and easy to make. Sweet Potato Cake with marshmallow frosting, drippy maple glaze, chopped pecans and cinnamon. The food world has a serious love affair going on with sweet potatoes.
Steamed Sweet Potato Cakes instructions
- Peel skin Sweet Potato and cut into about 1cm cubes. Place in a bowl, add Salt and Sugar, mix well, and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes. Plenty of liquid will come out..
- Add Self-Raising Flour and mix well. Most likely you would need to add some Water OR Milk to make the batter soft enough to combine with Sweet Potato pieces. *Note: Do not make it too runny..
- Place a heaped large tablespoonful of the mixture on a piece of baking paper (size 10 x 10cm). Repeat with the remaining mixture. *Note: Alternatively you can use cupcake cases, but non-stick paper is preferred..
- Pour hot water into a steamer pot and bring to the boil over high heat. Place the cake mixture on paper into steamer, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes. Repeat with the remaining cakes..
- Enjoy warm or cold..
- *Oven Method: If you prefer, you can bake them in the oven at 180℃ for 20 to 30 minutes. You can use ramekins or baking cups. You may wish to add some Butter to the mixture..
And why not, they're delicious and healthy and everything you want a super food to be. Steam sweet potatoes till soft and tender. Sift the flour and baking powder together; set aside. Place egg yolks and egg whites into two separate mixing bowls. Whisk the egg yolks and half the sugar until light and thick.